Thursday, July 16, 2009

His Commencement

To me, going up on stage as everyone watches you, marks the end of University and the beginning of the working society. As all(most) of the people who learnt programming before, we start of with the most basic "Hello World!" tutorial.

Last Monday night, I witness him going up the stage with 800 pairs of eyes focus at him while he collected his certificate. Proud of him, as he's finally a full-fledged graduate! I really feel happy for him. This feeling is subtle yet real.

I want to celebrate for him. Every time I think about it, it reminds me that there's so much more I could have done for him on that day itself. If only I had....make it more memorable for him....take photos but I don't have a camera....make him happier but don't know how....make his weary eyes go away.

The only thing I did right is to get him a bouquet of Ferror Roche. And yet, the person who sell it to me did not do a good job.

I think I fail terribly as a girlfriend....on that day.

No comments: